The school maintains health records on each child so that the best care and treatment can be given. Injured and ill children are assessed and treated accordingly.
You, as parents, greatly assist us in our efforts to provide the best care for your child by ensuring that the School Administration has the following information on file and that it is maintained current and accurate:
- a health history (attached to the registration form) – please make sure to note any allergy;
- a photocopy of the current immunization record;
- home telephone number or mobile number (confirmed each year); parents are urged to communicate any change of address/contact numbers, etc., as soon as possible.
- emergency telephone number of a friend/relative in the event that we cannot reach you (confirmed each year). Please indicate the relationship this individual has with your child – e.g. uncle, aunt, older sibling, close friend, ….
During students’ break times, the Cafeteria provides a selection of warm and cold foods and drinks for the students.
Parents may wish to supplement this by arranging for their child to bring a packed lunch to school. If this is the case, please ensure that your child has a lunch box for his/her lunch items.
As part of our emphasis on healthy food choices, we recommend the following:
- a sandwich containing fresh natural ingredients, such as salad, cooked meats, jam or cheese (Please do not send chocolate spread or peanut butter);
- fresh fruits or vegetables (cucumber, carrot, celery…);
- biscuits (without chocolate);
- water and/or Fresh juice (not nectar or juice drink). During hot weather it is essential that your child has sufficient water or juice. Please, use non-breakable containers; no glass bottles as these can shatter and possibly result in injury;
- carbonated and/or “high energy” drinks are strictly forbidden in school.
Safe, air conditioned transport is available for students living in many areas of Doha. Please check with us to see if you reside in our transportation zone.